Hometown Family Medical is a locally owned and operated clinic that specializes in total family wellness. This of course includes men’s health issues. Hometown Family Medical (HFM) has developed its own program to combat the growing number of men who as a matter of age or other issues have a low testosterone level. HFM is a patient friendly and comfortable environment that is able to diagnosis and develop a personalized, confidential treatment plan for each person.
Plan Development: We are through our onsite laboratory able to collect and analyze each individual’s personal testosterone level. After we have collected samples and analyzed the results your treatment will begin. Your treatment plan may include Testosterone Replacement Therapy (TRT), Human Growth Hormone replacement (HGH) or Growth Hormone Therapy (GHT), or a combination of both. Your individual plan will be customized to your needs and goals.
What is Testosterone? Testosterone is hormone secreted by the interstitial cells of the testes which function in the induction and maintenance of male secondary sex characters. Testosterone aids in the development of male sex organs, male hair development (like facial hair), muscle mass and strength, sex drive and function, mood and energy level as well as bone strength.
Signs of LOW testosterone: Some symptoms that indicate you may have a low testosterone level include:
1. Low energy level or fatigued
2. Low motivation or drive
3. Insomnia or sleeplessness
4. Reduced Sex drive
5. Increase in body fat
6. Reduction of muscle mass causing weakness
7. Decrease in DHT (dihydrotestosterone) that can possibly result in premature
Causes of Low Testosterone:
1. Natural process due to aging
2. Hypogonadism – which is the decreased functional activity of the gonads, with retardation of growth and sexual development
3. Chronic illness such as diabetes, obesity, HIV, and kidney failure
4. Use of certain medications such as corticosteroids (used in treating chronic inflammatory conditions), opiates or chemotherapeutic agents (used for certain cancer treatments)
5. Genetic deficiencies
What are the benefits of Testosterone Replacement Therapy (TRT)?
1. Increased energy level
2. Increased drive
3. Increase in strength and muscle mass
4. Greater Sex drive
5. May improve erectile function
6. Decrease in body fat if accompanied with diet and exercise
When is Testosterone Replacement Therapy not recommended?
1. Unstable Congestive Heart Failure (CHF)
2. PSA elevation
3. Prostatic Hyperplasia symptoms
4. Untreated Sleep Apnea
5. Breast Cancer
6. Prostate Cancer
7. Erythrocytosis – Which is mottled bluish red discoloration of legs and thighs
8. Hyper viscosity of the blood
What can I expect?
-Upon arrival at clinic you will fill out new patient forms including history and current medication list.
-You will have initial evaluation and exam by Physician, Physician’s Assistant, or Advanced Nurse Practioner.
-Base line lab work will be obtained including total testosterone, PSA, TSH, SHBG, E, FSH, LH, CMP, CBC and DHEA.
-Some other optional tests may include T3, Cortisol AM, Ferritin, Vit D3 as well as Human Growth Hormone (HGH)
-After all results are analyzed a treatment plan will be established and you will begin your treatment plan.
-You will return to the clinic for your booster injections every 7-14 days depending on your needs.
-You may also prefer to receive hormone replacement via Pellet implants or creams.
*** To better serve you we have extended weekday hour and are open Saturday for your convenience.